Friday, August 13, 2010

Rafael Bittencourt tells about "Monster in Her Eyes"



The band Angra is about to launch its seventh studio album "Aqua".

Now, Angra's musicians periodically release their impressions about each track from "Aqua".

This time, the guitarist Rafael Bittencourt tells about the song "Monster In Her Eyes" :

"I started this song for some time and had not finished. I'm still unhappy with some parts, but gave up trying to improve it. I like the melody and the way it grows into a more epic line. It's just that sometimes I begin to test several alternatives on an idea and in the end I'm in confusion because I want all the otpions within the same song. That's why the melodie varies all the time, but the harmonie remains the same.

The lyrics are about Caliban, the monster of the story, that I have tried to humanize in my description. In this song, he is sensitive to his rejection. In fact, he want to be seen differently by the others. He thinks he could be the king of the island, because he was there even before Propsero, but he is also aware about his abilities, which make him envious and jalous. The attention and love of Miranda are the release of this conditioning."

Rafael Bittencourt.

For more news : Whiplash