Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Angra talks about Ronnie James Dio



MS Metal Press / Angra official note :

"Last Sunday morning, May 16th, the Heavy Metal lost one of its main icons: the vocalist Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, DIO, Heaven & Hell). A thousand fans and musicians around the world, from different generations, were completely touched in that day when one of the most symbolic voices of Metal has stopped to sing due to a complicated health treatment of stomach cancer.

The greatest Brazilian Heavy Metal band, ANGRA, has published the statements from Rafael Bittencourt (guitars), Kiko Loureiro (guitars) and Edu Falaschi (vocals) sending the condolences to the Ronnie’s family.

Kiko Loureiro : “Nobody understood better than him how to sing this music style. Dio was definitely an example to all of us showing that we can perform on the stages for many years with the same energy and attitude.

I remember perfectly the t-shirt that I loved to wear when I was 13 – it had 'The Last In Line' stamp, one of his solo records. The most inspirer is that I saw it for the first time when my guitar instructor showed me that the music was exactly what I wanted to do for all my life.

Dio was short with a giant voice always saying that Metal bands could not play ballads but at the same time the introduction of their songs became immortal for the style.

'Live Evil', from Black Sabbath, is one of the records that I heard most in my life. All the tracks are exactly the way they should be sung.

I would rather “Look Out” to “We Love You All”. The best Heavy Metal voice will be forever with us.

I send all my thoughts and condolences to the Ronnie’s family. Now I am going to play 'Don’t Talk To Strangers' to make me feel better.”

Rafael Bittencourt : “We lost Ronnie James Dio! He was a rare example of an ethical person who loved his work. He was really dedicated to his fans in a fascinating way. His sword and strength actually represented his noble and good heart that he always showed completely when was on stage. He was a little giant while singing, a singular artist and an inspirer person. Rest in peace, master”

Edu Falaschi : “Last Sunday night, May 16th, I was returning from Manaus after having an unforgettable weekend with my band Angra when received one of the saddest notices in my life: Ronnie Dio has left us.

The world has lost the Best Heavy Metal singer of all time but, above all of that, we lost one of the most brilliant souls that already existed! An artist who loved his fans and did what really liked: to sing Heavy Metal!

Dio was my great master, a person who inspired me as an artist and a human being! My only idol has gone! It will be very hard to get over this sad feeling in my heart!

I would like to send my deepest condolences to Dio’s family. That God be with them!

Anyway, his art, music and especially his unique voice will always be in our hearts!

Dio, we will love you forever! Thank you for having been with us! May 16th the saddest day of Rock and Heavy Metal!”

For more news : MS Metal Press / Angra Official website