Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Felipe Andreoli : interview on Power Of Metal Russian Community, last part



Here is the last part of the Felipe Andreoli's interview, published on Power of Metal Russian Community in May 2009.

Thanks again to Irina Ivanova from Angra Russia for the interview !

Read the first part of the interview

"Haze: Are you still in touch with Mauro Chevis, I remember you played together in FireSign and after that you did together a few instrumental compositions which were very good. Are you going to do something together again some day in the future?

Felipe: Mauro is living in England right now, it’s been a while since the last time we met. We used to do stuff together at his place back in the day, but unfortunately that’s more difficult now. I’d like to, though.


The Sinner: How do you find time for everything? For all your projects, workshops, visiting shows, for private life, for your hobbies, for the Internet? How much time per day you play bass, maybe other instruments for training, for learning something new?

Felipe: Ii isn’t easy to handle this many activities, but I try to be very organized in regards to dates and all. I save as much time as I can for my fiancée, my family and friends, cause sometimes you’re away for months, and that’s really hard. Playing bass is something that I do only when I have a show or rehearsal. I’m not much of a workout guy when it comes to exercises. I like to play music. Recently I’ve been studying acoustic guitar and Harmony.


The Sinner: Could you mention ALL the projects and albums you participated in during the last maybe 1,5 years (I’m afraid I can miss something: Almah, Bittencourt Project, Kiko Loureiro, Time Out…). What about Karma, does it exist nowadays and what about Time Out, if I’m not mistaken you recorded and released some new stuff in 2008, parallel with Almah?

Felipe: That’s about it! You can find all the infos in my MySpace page: myspace.com/andreolibass. Karma still exists, but its members are so busy doing other stuff that it’s been hard to do anything new. We plan to do something, we just don’t know when. Besides that, this year I’ll do another record with Vox, which is a project with Thiago and Marcell from Karma and my friend André Brunetti on guitars.


The Tapdancer: I have always had a question… What a musician can do, if for example a nose begins to itch during a show?

Felipe: Scratch it! Don’t be ashamed! lol


Grisha: What do you think about your vocals abilities?

Felipe: I’m not a good singer, but I can do some backing vocals fairly in tune. I like to sing more in the Metallica, Slayer style, that’s what I do best as far as singing.


Grisha: What kind of profession did you dream to choose when you were a child?

Felipe: As soon as I thought about professions, I knew I would be a musician. I never had a doubt.


Grisha: What ordinary people in Brazil think about USA?

Felipe: They have different opinions, but I think that a common sense would be that the USA’s interference with other countries (e.g. Afghanistan) is only a way to achieve their personal interests. I hope Obama can show the world a better America, not a greedy and dominating one.


Grisha: Your favorite alcohol drink?

Felipe: None, I don’t drink alcohol.


Grisha: If you had an opportunity to have a look at the future, what would you prefer to get to know about it?

Felipe: Nothing. It would be impossible to look at the future and not change the present. I like to live like day by day.


Bruce: What do you think about the piracy in music?

Felipe: Piracy sucks big time. It is because of piracy that bands nowadays don’t have financial resources to do their records in a better quality, and even less, promote them. We’re all dependant on the internet, which everyone thinks is free, but you need a lot of money to make a really decent promotion there, too. I wouldn’t be a hypocrite and say I’ve never downloaded music, but when I like it, I go out and buy it. We could use the internet as a means of getting to know new stuff, but it doesn’t mean music is for free. It costs money to do a record.


The Sinner: We heard that Marcelo Moreira is the god of cooking, who is a god of cooking in Angra? From our interview, we know that it’s not Edu, cos he told he can cook only eggs. Have you ever tried eggs prepared by Edu?

Felipe: Luckily not! I mean, I’m still alive, right? I think the best cook in Angra is Rafael. I can do my tricks, too.


The Sinner: You are touring with Sepultura. I totally understand the idea of this union of two idols of the “metal do Brasil” from musical and historical point of view. But from the outside it looks like not only music but also people in the bands are very different, how do you get along backstage? I mean Sepultura look more like crazy rockers… yes, for sure you have many common interests like football, but if I’m not mistaken Angra supports Corinthians, Sepa – SPFC? How do you get along personally in these circumstances?

Felipe: Let’s get one thing straight, Angra does not support Corinthians, only Edu and Ricardo do! Me, Kiko, Rafael and the keyboard player Daniel support Sao Paulo! And not all of Sepultura supports Sao Paulo, Derrick is Palmeiras and Paulo is Atletico Mineiro. We do get along very well personally, and none of us are “crazy rockers”; we’re pretty normal people, by the way. The tour is turning out fantastic, and many more shows will come.


Pied Piper: In our interview with Edu we asked him about penguins (this is the unofficial symbol of our Power Of Metal Russian Community), if he likes them and if he would like to be a PENGUIN. He answered “no”, he would prefer to be an EAGLE. If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you like to be (and to get along with Edu Eagle)? Do you think are you caça ou caçador?

Felipe: I like being a human being, honestly. ? I love Penguins and animals in general, and if I had to be one, I would like to be… I don’t know, maybe a Horse."

For more news : Angra Russia